Scrunchie Dye Kits (see below for color descriptions)
This is your chance to try your skills at natural dyeing! You can keep it classy and simple with a solid color or mix it up with a tie dye pattern. The beauty about this kit is that you get to decide!
Feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns you might have. Be sure to tag us @maddergoods and show off your finished piece. We'd love to see how it turns out!
What come in the kit?
- 100% mulberry silk scrunchie
- Mordant: Potassium Aluminum Sulfate (prep fabric to take dye)
- Step by step avocado dye instructions and basic plant dye instructions. ** all dye material is to be collected at home(see below).
Things you’ll need from home…
- tongs or spoon,
- a saucepan or pot
- a bucket (optional but recommended)
- cooking thermometer (optional)
- gloves and mask (recommended with cotton scrunchie mordant)
***if you do not have a bucket and choose to mordant with a pot or sauce pan do not use the saucepan or pot to cook in after this.***
Options: Collect Dye Material from home
- Avocado Pits = Blush - Terracotta color
- Avocado Skins = Light pink -Blush
- Yellow onion skins = Golden Yellow - Yellow/orange
- Red onion skins = Green tones
- Many different types of tea work well. Nettle, black, green tea...etc.
- Other = Any other material you have on hand that would create a dye. Feel free to contact us and ask us any questions. We will provide basic instructions for most natural plant dyes.