DIY Dye Organic Tee
*PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASE!*
This is your chance to try your skills at natural dyeing! You can keep it simple with a solid color or mix it up with a tie dye pattern. The beauty about this kit is that you get to decide!
Feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns you might have. Be sure to tag us @maddergoods and show off your finished piece. We'd love to see how it turns out!
What comes in the kit?
- 100% organic cotton Tee.
- Mordant (fixer) with instructions.
- Step by step instructions for which dye material you would like to collect from home. Start saving those kitchen scraps! (see list below)
Things you’ll need from home…
- tongs or spoon,
- pot large enough for the shirt to flow freely
- a bucket (optional but recommended)
- cooking thermometer (optional)
- gloves and mask
***if you do not have a bucket and choose to mordant with a pot do not use the pot to cook in after this.***(grab an old one or find one at a thrift store)
Collect Dye Material from home or in the wild
- Avocado Pits = Blush - Terracotta color
- Avocado Skins = Light pink -Blush
- Avocado + Iron = light grey purple - grey charcoal color
- Yellow onion skins = Golden Yellow - Yellow/orange
- Red onion skins = Green tones
- Black tea = Tan/brown
- Nettle tea = Sage green
- Rosemary = Green tones
- Lavender buds = gray
- Black-eyed-susans = gray/brown
- Acorns = brown (add iron gray/charcoal)
- Chamomile = yellow
- Coffee = brown/tan
- Other = Any other material you have on hand that would create a dye. Feel free to contact us and ask us any questions. We will provide basic instructions for most natural plant dyes.
Machine or hand (recommended) wash in cold water with mild detergent(baking soda free). First few washes, wash separately. Tumble dry on low or line dry for best results.
**All sales are final. If you have a concern about or issue with your purchase, please contact us within 7 business days and we'll do our best to resolve it.